Recently, I have had the pleasure of spending some good time with a few young babies, one 7 months and one 11 months. And I've noticed something. Sometimes, they would get so quiet and just stare at everything around them. Big wide eyes watching every movement, listening to every word. Soaking it all in.
I think that is where I am at. I'm so excited for this time. RIGHT NOW! I am reconnecting with friends, being encouraged by people I look up to, reading good books about sharing his good news to those I meet, reading His words to me, having good conversations with the Father and learning how to listen. I know that big changes will come and fast, but right now I am content to sit here and soak it all in. To appreciate this time with my family and my friends.
So what are some of the things I've been soaking in recently you ask?
1. A big shindig of a wedding! A dear friend Kelley Perkins married Russell Huff on July 10th. "It was a rowdy time."
2. My big sister, Barbara, and nephew, James, were her for the wedding. It was so nice to spend time with them. Next time I see that little boy he will be talking nonstop and running constantly. I am super excited for that!
3. Trips to Wichita. With all the free time I have I made a one day (evening?) trip to Wichita and back to KC. For those keeping track that's about 8 hours driving. haha. But it was worth it. I met up with Doug, Angela, Kaleb, and Ryann. It was wonderful to be able to talk with good friends who share my love for the nations. It was a good time to be encouraged and hopefully to share a little encouragement.
4. Hanging out with Mrs. Kassidi Florence. I love this girl. No matter how far we go or where He takes us, I know that I will have a friend in her. I love talking with her and getting to see her in this new adventure of mommyhood. :)
5. Psalms - Its where I am at in my reading. They are good.
6. I have been reading a few books about sowing seed and reaping a big harvest. Very convicting and empowering at the same time.
7. THIS IS A BIG ONE. I had the opportunity last night to share with the children at FBC Smithville about my trips. I love this! But last night was really cool because not only did I share about my trips to Kenya with their crazy mud churches and nifty animals and Japan with their shrines and temples, but I shared with them about the Son who came from the Father so that they could be forgiven and have eternal life. It was a sweet time. A boy and a girl prayed with me. Wow, the Father is so good to us, huh?
Yep, definitely soaking this in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment