Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Robert


They were so young.
Too young to be alone.
They were laughing and playing in the rain like little boys do.
You were there.

The rain was pouring down in sheets.
The creek was racing on too fast to notice them.
It swept them away with it.
You were there.

"There's a little boy down there"
A man reached to grab him out.
"Where's my brother? Where's my brother?"
You were there.

We can't find him, ma'am.
Searching, searching, searching...
Its getting dark, too dark to see a little boy with red hair.
You were there.

Do you know anything?
Is there any news?
I'm sorry. We've found his body.
You were there.

Now, he is there.
He is there at your feast.
He is there warm in your house.
He is there safe, wrapped in your strong arms.
He is there feeling the fullness of love.

But you are here, too.
You are here with me even though I do not understand.
You are with his family though they do not know you.
Only you bring peace to the storms.
So, I'll praise you even in this storm.






1 comment: