Well friends, I'm currently writing this from my dear flatmate's computer. My computer is suffering from some permanent brain damage. The information is still there I just can't get to it. Boo.
Yet, this incident provided me with a great chance to see Our Father's provisions in my life. Even the small things he works out. So, basically, I'm a klutz and my computer did not agree with the concrete floor. It only fell a foot from our coffee table but its a delicate little guy. I took it over to a friend's house because he has a screwdriver that would be able to unscrew the back cover. The back cover had started to pop off from the fall.
A dilemma occurred when we opened it. I greatly thought I would be able to see the problem and just reattach the wire and "poof" all problems solved. Unfortunately or fortunately, everything looked to be still in place. Well, we have a guy volunteer who I was told knew a little about computers so I asked him to take a look. He started a diagnostic on it.
While my computer was busy trying to check itself out, I started a conversation with one of the girl volunteers who is with us for the summer. I paused the convo and went to check on the computer when I came back I told her my little sob story and she said, "I actually do computer diagnostics would you like me to take a look at it." WHAT? WHAT? The Father brought a computer diagnostician to me right when I needed it. I love his surprises. They are the best.
So, my new friend looked over the patient and, well, the ending is not quite happy as you can tell from the beginning. The computer cannot be fixed (well easily or cheaply) so it looks like I am headed to new computer land. If you know me at all, I really have very little knowledge of computers. Good, bad, or otherwise. My friend said she would gladly give me some tips as I scour the market.
Hopefully, I can find one that is suitable and have one of the volunteer teams who is coming soon bring it with them for me.
All of that being said, I should be freaking out right now. I should be crying on the phone with my mom. I should be stressing about how I could fix it or who I should take it to. What computer I could get if I bought a new one? How will it get all the way here? If you know me this is where you would expect me.
BUT I'M NOT. He provided me with a knowledgeable person to walk through this little incident with me. He brought me someone who can answer all my questions. I love when I get a chance to remember how well He knows his children. We did a bible storying mehendi lesson the other day on creation. HE created us. He wove us in our mother's womb. We are his and he knows are needs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment