So, sometimes it is difficult to figure out why we are here. We have no official ministry in the city and often times the highlight of our day is going to the grocery store or successfully paying a bill. Big stuff, right?
Thankfully though I have a few things I really look forward to throughout the week and one of those things is C and C. Its the college and career group at our church. We go to a really neat church that is close to our house. It is in English (Halleluiah) and translated into Bangla (Wonderful!) So we can understand and learn at the same time, right? Well, there is a pretty big group of people who come to the church who are our age. I have been dying for some friends in the city and we now go to their meetings after the service and on Tuesday nights. It has been such a blessing just to be able to have familiar faces on Sundays. They are such an encouragement. We lift each other up and encourage one another throughout the week.
Whenever, I feel like I'm the only one in the city (Satan loves to play this card) I often turn my thoughts to this group. I am not alone in this city. My Father has provided a wonderful group of friends who care about me. We are all working to figure out how we may best serve the Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Melinda, I'm SO glad He's blessed you with this group! I know what you mean about feeling isolated or ineffective (I think we for real all struggle with that), but He is so gracious and faithful to walk with us through all of it. Praise Him for these blessings! :)
ReplyDelete