Friday, October 1, 2010

Monday, Monday

I leave Monday.



I can't believe it is here already. I spent the last two months in Virginia trying to learn and process as much helpful information as possible. I did learn a lot that I know will be extremely beneficial in SA. Yet, I am so happy to say I'm finished with that part!

The absolute best part of my time in VA was all of the amazing people I met and became friends with. I did not know one could become that close with people in such a short time frame. I will be lifting them all up to the Father often. What a blessing to know that I am not going through this alone! Every feeling I am experiencing I know that someone else in our group is or has felt it too.

SO, on to the big questions...

(1) Am I packed?
No! However, I believe I have almost everything I plan to take with me. It's just not in the neat little suitcases.

(2) Visas and passports?

Hooray! Both my partner and I received our visas in less than a week. This is truly a miracle because the consulates were supposed to be delayed. He works all things for our good.

(3) Am I ready?

No, I don't feel ready for this. I think it is impossible to feel completely 100% ready to move away from everything and everyone for two years. I know that this is what I am supposed to be doing, but there is a part of me that is scared. There is another part of me that has peace and a simple determination that regardless of the fear I am going. I don't know that I will be able to fully process this venture until I have set foot in the airport of my destination.

The funny thing is that most of the things that scare me are the exact things that I am excited about.

(1) What He will do in the next two years? I think about it and its crazy.

(2) How I will change in the next two years?

(3) The people I will be working with

This is going to be one crazy ride that is certain, but PTL I do not go alone. I am taking all of you with me. I have so many people here supporting me and lifting me up. I have people scattered all over the place. I ALSO HAVE HIM. Not only is He here with me during the packing, He is already there preparing a place for me.


The best earthly supporters I have though are my parents. I truly love them to the moon and back. I could not be who I am today and there is no way I could be doing what I am doing without them.





No comments:

Post a Comment