I got a new computer!! YEA!!!
I had a busy day yesterday so it was 10pm before I got to sit down with my baby and turn it on for the first time. I was oohing and aahing over every little thing. BTW, the speakers are awesome. Well, soon I got to the webcam, a very essential component for overseas living. I turned it on and the indicator light came on but the screen which should have shown my beautiful smiling face was black. OH NO! Brand new computer all the way from the states. It cannot be broken.
I got on line and went to Dell's website for what to do. It said to redownload the webcam. So, I sat there as my ridiculously slow internet tried to download one of the biggest files I've ever seen. It took over three hours. I waited and waited and it was finally finished. I turned on the webcam. Indicator light - on. Screen - black. GRRR.
So, I went back to tell and began chatting with a dell support technician. She used remote access and took control of my computer and decided to redownload the program again. By this point it was 3:30am and I was back watching this mega file download. Another couple of hours later and it was finished downloading. Sitting there praying, I turned on the webcam. Indicator light - on. Screen - BLACK!
WHAT? It was now 5:30am and I had not slept. I burst into tears. How can I keep in contact with my family? Was I going to have to send my new nice computer back just because of the webcam? I was crying and tired and upset. So I just stared at the webcam.
I got on line and went to Dell's website for what to do. It said to redownload the webcam. So, I sat there as my ridiculously slow internet tried to download one of the biggest files I've ever seen. It took over three hours. I waited and waited and it was finally finished. I turned on the webcam. Indicator light - on. Screen - black. GRRR.
So, I went back to tell and began chatting with a dell support technician. She used remote access and took control of my computer and decided to redownload the program again. By this point it was 3:30am and I was back watching this mega file download. Another couple of hours later and it was finished downloading. Sitting there praying, I turned on the webcam. Indicator light - on. Screen - BLACK!
WHAT? It was now 5:30am and I had not slept. I burst into tears. How can I keep in contact with my family? Was I going to have to send my new nice computer back just because of the webcam? I was crying and tired and upset. So I just stared at the webcam.

haha! I've SOO had moments like this -- so frustrating! But funny... glad you got it working. :)Now we can skype sometime... :D
ReplyDelete