"DON'T GIVE UP IN FREEDOM WHAT I WOULD NEVER GIVE UP IN PERSECUTION"
- Spoken by a fellow brother suffering for the Son
We had classes here earlier about persecution. Here are a few notes about the time. Insights from the teacher and my reflections.
- "the only witness He cannot use is NO witness"
about here is where I realized I had such little faith. It was an overwhelming feeling. These people suffer yet do not give up their faith but I could not even share my faith. My faith wasn't strong enough to warrant persecution.
-"in the US, our faith is so lukewarm it's not worth persecution"
- "You are equally free to share [the Son] anywhere. The Spirit makes you free. It is a matter of obedience and courage."
The night after the 1st session, the Father really impressed on my heart how much time I had wasted. I stood before him racking my brain and searching my heart to figure out why I had let so much time go by. Why did I not share? Why did I not use every opportunity afforded to me?
I CANNOT WASTE HIS TIME. My life is too short and the need too urgent.
Our brother shared in his letter "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always [the Son] will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death."
- I could not get past this. He is not always exalted in my life. How can I exalt him in the next few years when I am afraid to share about him here? Let me share Him here and now as well as then and there. I such little boldness.
PRECIOUS DAUGHTERS OF THE KING
On another note, He is breaking my heart for my precious sisters in S. Asia. He is my comforter and the One who sees me. Everyone says that the Mu$lim woman is unreachable but she is His precious daughter. He sees her and loves her. I am privileged to work with him to bring them out of the darkness into His great light. He is the one who lifts me from shame and places me in the seat of honor. I ask him that He would help me to show them that He is the one to take their shame and fear away. He seats them in places of honor and gives the full inheritance and calls them his beloved daughter.
My time in VA has been more full than I can describe. He gives me good things and prunes me so I may bear more fruit.
- "the only witness He cannot use is NO witness"
about here is where I realized I had such little faith. It was an overwhelming feeling. These people suffer yet do not give up their faith but I could not even share my faith. My faith wasn't strong enough to warrant persecution.
-"in the US, our faith is so lukewarm it's not worth persecution"
- "You are equally free to share [the Son] anywhere. The Spirit makes you free. It is a matter of obedience and courage."
The night after the 1st session, the Father really impressed on my heart how much time I had wasted. I stood before him racking my brain and searching my heart to figure out why I had let so much time go by. Why did I not share? Why did I not use every opportunity afforded to me?
I CANNOT WASTE HIS TIME. My life is too short and the need too urgent.
Our brother shared in his letter "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always [the Son] will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death."
- I could not get past this. He is not always exalted in my life. How can I exalt him in the next few years when I am afraid to share about him here? Let me share Him here and now as well as then and there. I such little boldness.
PRECIOUS DAUGHTERS OF THE KING
On another note, He is breaking my heart for my precious sisters in S. Asia. He is my comforter and the One who sees me. Everyone says that the Mu$lim woman is unreachable but she is His precious daughter. He sees her and loves her. I am privileged to work with him to bring them out of the darkness into His great light. He is the one who lifts me from shame and places me in the seat of honor. I ask him that He would help me to show them that He is the one to take their shame and fear away. He seats them in places of honor and gives the full inheritance and calls them his beloved daughter.
My time in VA has been more full than I can describe. He gives me good things and prunes me so I may bear more fruit.
No comments:
Post a Comment